Blog on the Role of Education Sector in Nurturing Care
Since nurturing care is getting global attention, Bernard Van Leer posted a blog in January 2018 sharing thoughts on the role of the education sector aligning with health and child protection in the early years with six recommendations:
- Reinforce the fact that education begins at birth
- Emphasize social-emotional as well as cognitive, language and other areas of development
- Assure good health practices and adequate nutrition as central to any EC program
- Include family engagement as a core part of a quality EC program
- Partner with social protection programs
- Integrated children with special needs and outreach to the most vulnerable.